The Cornelius Library is located in the town of Cornelius in northern Mecklenburg County. According to the 2020 Census, the population of Cornelius is around 31,400, making it one of the largest towns in Mecklenburg County, similar in population to Mint Hill or Matthews. The Cornelius Library is located in the historic district of Cornelius, almost across the street from Cornelius Elementary School and not far from Cornelius Town Hall and Cornelius Police Department. A frequently recognized aspect of the Cornelius Library is the Mark Twain bronze statue on a bench that faces Catawba Avenue, designed by Cornelius sculptor Jon Hair.
One of the defining features of Northern Mecklenburg County is Lake Norman. Cornelius has the largest shoreline (about 70 miles) of all municipalities on the lake, and has great recreation opportunities and lake access at two of the most beautiful parks in Mecklenburg County, Jetton Park and Ramsey Creek Park.
- Town of Cornelius |21445 Catawba Avenue, Cornelius, NC | 704-892-6031
- Jetton Park | 19000 Jetton Rd, Cornelius, NC 28031 | 980-314-1001
- Ramsey Creek Park | 18441 Nantz Rd, Cornelius, NC 28031 | 980-314-1001
- Tienda Maria | 19816 S Main St, Cornelius, NC 28031 | 704-894-9700
- Osito’s Tacos & Tortas | 20700 N Main St, Cornelius, NC 28031 | 704-997-5773
- El Toro Mexican Grill & Bar | 20930 Torrence Chapel Rd, Cornelius, NC 28031 | 704-997-2534
- Pho NC | 19420 Jetton Rd #104, Cornelius, NC 28031 | 980-729-3770
- Pho Nam | 18059 W Catawba Ave, Cornelius, NC 28031 | 704-892-9133
- Cain Center for the Arts | 19725 Oak St, Cornelius, NC 28031 | 704-896-8823
- YMCA of Lake Norman | 21300 Davidson St #8553, Cornelius, NC 28031 | 704-716-4400
- Neighborhood Care Center | 19711 Smith Cir, Cornelius, NC 28031 | 704-255-5500
This blog post was written by Cameron Smith, branch manager for Charlotte Mecklenburg Library.