The Hickory Grove Branch Library is located on the Eastside of Charlotte, NC. This vibrant and eclectic neighborhood connects deeply with the immigrant community with everything from diverse restaurants and grocery stores to language immersion schools and of course, the library itself. The Hickory Grove Branch has a large world language collection for all ages with Spanish being the largest number of items represented in the collection. Additionally, ten other languages are represented including Vietnamese, Chinese, French, Japanese and Korean.
- Hickory Grove Branch Library – 5935 Hickory Grove Rd, Charlotte, NC 28215 | 704-416-4400
- Charlotte Bilingual Preschool – 6300 Highland Ave, Charlotte, NC 28215 | 704-535-8080
- Charlotte History Museum – 3500 Shamrock Dr, Charlotte, NC 28215 | 704-568-1774
- Charlotte East Language Academy – 6108 Wilora Lake Rd, Charlotte, NC 28212 | 980-343-0380
- Latin American Coalition – 4938 Central Ave #1, Charlotte, NC 28205
- OurBRIDGE for Kids – 3925 Willard Farrow Dr, Charlotte, NC 28215 | 980-272-6022
- Why Not Pizza – 7008 E W.T. Harris Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28215 | 704-536-0891
- YMCA New American Welcome Center – 6824 Democracy Dr, Charlotte, NC 28212 | 704-716-6600
This blog written by Lonna Vines, children’s librarian for Charlotte Mecklenburg Library.