Independence Regional Library can be found at the corner of Conference Drive and Monroe Road. We are proud to serve a diverse community, with many nearby schools including East Mecklenburg High School, Idlewild Elementary School, McClintock Middle School, Greenway Elementary School, Rama Road Elementary. We also serve families with young children and individuals from around the world who call Charlotte home. Visit us and you will discover a wide range of programs offered to people of all ages. We have a diverse staff who offer a variety of language learning programs, an excellent group of children’s storytellers doing amazing work with babies and school age children, and we have many skill-building programs offered to teens to help them prepare for their future. Come and meet our library staff members who care very much about their work and the people they serve.
- Independence Regional Branch – 6000 Conference Drive Charlotte, NC 28212 | 704-416-4800
- McCalpine Creek and Campbell Creek Greenway
- Grier Heights Memorial Park Storywalk – 3110 Leroy Street Charlotte, NC 28205
- Time Out Youth Center – 3800 Monroe Rd, Charlotte, NC 28205 | 704-344-8335
- Monroe Road Advocates
- Carolina Refugee Resettlement Agency – 5009 Monroe Rd Ste 100, Charlotte, NC 28205 | 704-535-8803
- Refugee Support Services – 3601 Central Ave, Charlotte, NC 28205 | 704-458-3245
- Hindu Center of Charlotte – 7400 City View Dr, Charlotte, NC 28212 | 704-535-3440
- Super-G International Market – 7323 E Independence Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28227 | 980-321-4048
- Halal Street Food – 4044 Connection Point Blvd Suite B, Charlotte, NC 28212 | 704-595-3876
This blog post was written by Alice Araiza, library assistant for Charlotte Mecklenburg Library.