The South Boulevard Library is located on South Boulevard, just 0.60 miles from the Lynx Blue Line Scaleybark Station. Originally opened in 1985 as the Scaleybark Library, this location is a 18,850-square foot building and a convenient location for the many customers in this growing area along South Boulevard. The new branch includes new, reimagined spaces for both children and teens, public computers, children’s computers, a large community room, a programming room, a quiet reading room, a calming room, five group study rooms, a computer lab and a laptop bar for customers who want to bring their own devices, many collaborative spaces and a vending café. The South Boulevard Library has one of the largest Spanish and bilingual (Spanish/English) collections to serve its large Spanish-speaking community, and growing Arabic and French Children’s collections.
Around South Boulevard, you’ll find different institutions working together to connect and build their diverse community. The groups mentioned below come from distinct roots, but it’s important to note that many of them work together frequently to create steadfast systems of support.
- South Boulevard Branch Library – 4029 South Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28209 | 704-416-6400
- Harris YMCA – 5900 Quail Hollow Rd, Charlotte, NC 28210 | 704-716-6800
- South Boulevard Forest Hill Church – 6210 Old Pineville Rd, Charlotte, NC 28217 | 704-716-8700
- South End Spanish Club – Charlotte, NC 28217 | Facebook
- Learning Help Centers of Charlotte (LHCC) – 1901 Archdale Rd, Charlotte, NC, 28210 | 980-297-5114
- Collinswood Language Academy – 5621 Flagstaff Dr, Charlotte, NC 28210 | 980-343-5820
- Latin American Chamber of Commerce – 145 C Scaleybark Rd, Charlotte, NC 28209 | 704-237-0552
This blog post was written by Ana Robles, library assistant for Charlotte Mecklenburg Library.