The South County Regional Library is in South Charlotte, on the corner of Rea Road and Pineville-Matthews Road. A beautiful public art piece, Open Book, Open Mind by North Carolina artist and sculptor Jim Gallucci, features colorful book covers with classic titles, brightens up the exterior of the branch. This southernmost location in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg County Library system is freshly renovated. On the first level of the two-story building, our popular collection, composed of the newest adult books, DVDs, books on disc, and playaways, is the first department visible from the front door. The children’s department houses a new storytime room with a wooden tree that grows up to the ceiling! Also located on the first floor is a “cafe” with vending machines, tables, and a laptop bar.
New to Charlotte? Explore other neighborhoods through the Charlotte Mecklenburg Library blog and WelcomeCLT, a digital space created for newcomers to Charlotte.
- South County Regional Library – 5801 Rea Rd, Charlotte, NC 28277 | 704-416-6600
- Trader Joe’s — 6418 Rea Rd, Charlotte, NC 28277 | 704-543-5249
- The Arboretum — 8008 Providence Rd, Charlotte, NC 28277
- Stonecrest — 7900 Rea Rd, Charlotte, NC 28277
- Blakeney — 9870 Rea Rd, Charlotte, NC 28277
- Malaya Kitchen — 8200-400 Providence Rd, Charlotte, NC 28277 | 704-541-6668
- Greco — 9820 Rea Rd Suite E, Charlotte, NC, 28277 | 704-542-7770
- Ballantyne’s Backyard — 11611 N Community House Rd, Charlotte, NC 28277 | 704-248-2000
- Hindu Center of Charlotte — 7400 City View Dr, Charlotte, NC 28212 | 704-607-8412
This blog was written by Kristiana Belsito, a library assistant for Charlotte Mecklenburg Library.